You know, here in the Igloo I have gradually grown to have a genuine love of horror films. And I know how easy it is to mock bad examples of the genre. It’s not big and it’s not clever so from now on, I'm refusing to do it.
Anyway, here’s some selected quotes from other people who have watched The Wicker Man:
1. “The minute your hero comes to the rescue dressed as a bear, you should know something has gone horribly awry."
2. “I found the fictional island of Summerisle quite similar to certain parts of North Norfolk, particularly that every thing you ask is received with a blank expression.”
3. “Nicholas cage is just so funny! He should do more comedy!”
4. “He punched 3 females, so what? It was required for the scene. Get over it.”
For some reason this one is my favourite, because a) it’s not trying to be funny and b) the image it manages to create:
5. “After the cinema, my boyfriend was so mad he couldn’t speak about it”
Here are some more words of wisdom:
And finally, "Judo Chop!"
The Boys from Derby: "Journey to Lost Orlaak" by Tom Sutton - Dig it, Groove-ophiles! Whether you love to be scared or think love is scary, Charlton had a comic sure to tickle the fancy of either type fan: *Haunted Lo...
4 hours ago